« Home | you and me and the waves » | Made for masquerade » | Moonrising in Sta. Fe » | Morga's Creek » | Was it that hard for the two of us? » | Manunggal! » | Demise » | Campuswatch: ICT education integration seen to tra... » | The love of Lisa and Todd Beamer » | Rainy Tuesday morning under Armor's Psychedelic Su... » 

Monday, February 06, 2006

Oh, immortal one!

Oh, immortal one!

Negev of shallow waters gasped the breath
upon seeing my art flew with the saline wind
trying so hard to know you, so very hard to fathom you
as if I have been issued this license to do so
my life has long been overflowing with
questions but even logical answers
become very unreal most of the time
what's the use of these frail attempts to
conquer your soul, understand your being
much happier are the corals for they have
found a niche in emerald green waters
much victorious are the seagulls now
able to mock me, jeer at futile moves
to connect with you, to bond with you
how much better are sunrays able to etch
upon the sea some serpentine ripples
how much better is the pale moon
able to provide waters with a burning luster
how much stupefying are the clouds
reflected upon you accompanying
the skyline with a promise
true and unwavering
there goes my envy for the
clownfish' fidelity to the anemone
there goes my jealousy for
tossing waves lapping banks of seven thousand isles
consistent -
insistent -
persistent -
Very well known that skyline die momentarily
to renew strength and hope
and even the clutter of clouds fade abruptly
to give space to more important thoughts
Wise men come on bended knees
to the lull of your whimperings
carry one answer at a time
to the mazeboard of life
rebuking, refuting learned
things that once seemed to work wonders
I don't seem to know you
but I dare fathom
You who stood long before me
accustomed to the passion of
seafarers and wonderlusts
gallivanting in this broken paradise
of minute lands and deep trenches
peals of your laughter, they mimic
the passion of a burning universe
exalting our sorrows, praising our pains
snubbing dreams that have been slowly taking shape
this wary thought is a
cornucopia of shattered plans
embracing the lightness of conventions
and hell-racing to perceive the smell and taste
of the gospel of fanaticism
or was it indoctrination?

Must have told me to muster
courage bigger than what the hemisphere could cover
deeper than where the sunshine could penetrate
Is it mortal sin to make attempts to know you
to sink in deep into troubled waters
the better to understand your tranquility
move in to the demands of a pretty crazy world
ride on the waves of uncertainty
where childhood is a stage
that the waves will watch from time to time
waves afoam will store
playful giggles and wanton recklessness
but, pray tell me true
what do you know about travel?
what is that to you if the outdoor is my home?
what else could be new, what else do I need to know?
forces combined to make me a part of your sprints and sprays
You, the immortal sea!

2/08/2006 11:21:00 PM | Blogger Chas Ravndal said....   

hello eleanor! at last I manage to stumble upon your blog! Anyways, love the pictures and all! And also if you dont mind I can offer you a free revamped design for your blog. TC! I'll be adding you on my hotspots on my blog as well! Mwuahhhh

2/09/2006 08:29:00 PM | Blogger YANIPZ said....   

charlessssss, kurata abi nako kinsa nakaila nako oiiiiiiii....nice u bend like a banana site. revamped??? yati morag Cabinet ni Arroyo revamped jud ha? sige, sige, sige pa try daw, saunz man?

2/09/2006 11:01:00 PM | Blogger Chas Ravndal said....   

anyways, just email me your password and username at post@likebanana.com so I can go in there and change the design. If you want I can use your picture on the save the mangrove as the banner of your blog. What do you think ?

2/13/2006 06:11:00 PM | Blogger YANIPZ said....   

wow u can do that charles? salamat ha? no wot? i really have a hard time jud mag upload ug pic...thank u much jud, but i would want the pic kadto the cheerleader kay saunz mao to kinakusgan...waffa kaau ko adto oi hee hee layo ras tinood waaaaaaaaaaaa...but yeah...wait, kita d i ka sa www.picturetrail.com/pinay_mangatkatay nako ha? k, sige ....hope we can chat pud, voice chat ta charles add me: pinay_mangatkatay@yahoo.com ha?

2/13/2006 06:55:00 PM | Blogger Chas Ravndal said....   

i added u already eleanor. I will start working on ur blog as well. And i will teach u how to upload pics as well. TC!!!

2/16/2006 04:35:00 AM | Anonymous RennyBA said....   

Great blog and beautifully design by Chas. It' perfect for you :-)

2/17/2006 05:57:00 AM | Anonymous evi said....   

a poetic mountain climber. i guess, you write your poems when you're up on a mountain surrounded by its serenity.

i'm pleased with the header you got here.

2/17/2006 05:38:00 PM | Anonymous eleanor said....   

chas, thanks much dearie!!! i would like to introduce u to mrs. mila villamera who's poems i would also want to get a free hosting here. newayz, if am not online this week, that means i am in southern leyte to help in the efforts of fellow rescuers there. am not so sure about the sked yet, cuz my boss in the bureau of fire protection volunteer group called me up a while ago and informed the navy boat will be leaving at 3am. don't know yet cuz kwini and jerry might not allow me to go. i'm needed "daw" here in the office more than fieldwork. geeezzzzzzz! i miss the action out there on the fields...

2/17/2006 05:44:00 PM | Anonymous eleanor said....   

evi, hi there.....i write most of my poems after every trek when am already onboard/aboard a bus, a ship, a ferryboat; but yeah mostly aboard a bus when my thoughts are a-dance with the zephyr. newayz, ur in norway too??? go live the good life, mwahz!!!

2/17/2006 05:45:00 PM | Anonymous eleanor said....   

RennyBA, charles' work is indeed superb. i had doffed my hat already. ur also in norway???

2/20/2006 07:40:00 AM | Anonymous diane said....   

nice blog

2/20/2006 05:09:00 PM | Anonymous eleanor said....   

thank u diane, u got any weblog too?