« Home | The Pres. Ramon F. Magsaysay, Sr. Millennium Trek » | Of boulders and river-trekking » | Rainy Tuesday morning under Armor's Psychedelic Su... » | Walang tulugan for German "Kuya Germs" Moreno » | ASMS Batch 90 » | Balak ni Eleanor... » | The kindred spirit connection » | Gary V: MTV Generations awardee » | Siren song of Sagarmathaji's heights » | Star Troopers: We move it, move it! » 

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Maze

Poem by Maria Eleanor Elape Valeros
1.16.2002pm
ONE NIGHT...
Wrote your name, Maze, on a handpainted sky
where careening clouds stormed celestial horizon
it all had taken your whispers, whimpers
it all carried away your million-dollar promises
ONE LONELY NIGHT...
when time seemed to have stood still
when nary a waft of air or a breeze blows
I uttered your name, Maze, onto the dead wind
it took me by surprise to have missed you this much
certainly, love has a gazillion faces.
ONE LONELY WEDNESDAY NIGHT...
I fought back tears and guilt pangs
torn between keeping the faith and having you, Maze
wish we get some time to storm distant horizon
find out if we are really made for each other.
ONE LONELY WEDNESDAY JANUARY NIGHT...
I praised high heavens for your love
your name I wrote on a handpainted sky
where careening clouds covered my sham
for I believed I have always loved you, Maze
always has, always will
if only to starve my doubts.